We are Cricket Media®, a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, adults, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo, NeuABC, and Fluent City language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children and adults safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
The Content and Data Coordinator will support processes to maintain consistent metadata within our global Digital Asset Management (DAM) system in service of education, publishing, sales, licensing, and technology teams; will be responsible for understanding and continuing documentation of best practices; will also work closely with the Director, Digital Asset Management Services, on cross-departmental initiatives, including digital asset delivery for multiple business channels, licensing agreement creation and tracking, licensing data tracking, and global digital asset and external resource usage.
Status: Full-time, hourly, 40 hours per week, benefits eligible
Reports to: Director, DAM Services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and support processes and procedures to acquire proper files and appropriate metadata.
- Understand and support processes and procedures for DAM user management.
- Assist with executing new and ongoing metadata improvement initiatives to support immediate needs and long-term corporate digital strategies.
- Assist with executing new and ongoing initiatives to ensure consistent and trackable digital asset delivery for multiple business channels.
- Assist with executing new and ongoing initiatives to ensure consistent and trackable global usage of digital assets and external resources.
- Understand and support processes and procedures for licensing agreement creation and tracking and licensing data tracking.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred majors: Humanities, including English, History or Education, or Information Science including Digital Asset Management, Library Science, Archive Management, Communications or Information Systems).
- Minimum 1 year of proven experience in content creation or content management for educational software or publishing.
- Ability to comprehend and apply descriptive and administrative metadata to content in a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction formats and subjects.
- Ability to meet metadata standards via a flexible governance model and supporting documentation, plus the ability to maintain that model and documentation.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, Excel skills especially valuable.
- Ability to work effectively virtually.
- Familiarity with CMS or Digital Asset Management systems.
- Must be highly organized, results oriented, schedule driven, with good written and oral communication skills.
- Preferred: Project management/coordination and/or time-bound delivery experience.
- Preferred: Content creation experience.
- Preferred: File management and large-scale delivery/migration experience (including FTP).
- Preferred: Familiarity with multiple digital publishing formats and tools, including InDesign.
- Preferred: Familiarity with Salesforce, Shutterstock, and DocuSign.
- Must live in and be authorized to work in the Continental United States (I-9 verification required)
- Employment Background Screening (required)
- 3 Professional References (required)
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Submit resume and salary requirements to: