Remote (U.S.-based – eligibility to work in the U.S. required)
We are Cricket Media®, a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, adults, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. The Cricket Media brand has 50 years of history bringing education and connection to families and communities across the globe. Our growing family of products comes together to create a unique, multigenerational, online learning space called Cricket eLearning. Through the combined programming expertise of a diverse group of highly skilled teachers, we offer a variety of learning opportunities for kids, teens, and adults. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable, research-tested, collaborative learning programs, we are committed to innovative learning experiences that help individuals, families, and organizations connect with opportunities to safely explore and expand their worlds.
About the Position:
Cricket Media is seeking an experienced marketer that has a proven track record in marketing online educational products and services, with a preference for expertise in both B2C and B2B marketing. As the Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for brand development and marketing concepts for our rapidly growing and evolving company. You will play a role in corporate communications, public relations, messaging, branding, and brand management, both at the corporate level and across our portfolio businesses. The Director of Marketing will serve as a key link in aligning our brand and messaging with revenue opportunities and will be instrumental in innovating our brand and positioning the company as a next-generation global learning company. You will work closely with key business line stakeholders and the product development team to conduct market research, analyze prospective customers, and drive effective marketing strategies and campaigns.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing the branding strategy for the company and individual lines of business.
- Ensure each brand within the portfolio has a distinct positioning strategy and is communicated compellingly and consistently across all channels and touchpoints.
- Manage corporate communications and public relations, including writing press releases and developing messaging strategies to drive earned media.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize marketing data and trends to gain insights into customer segments, personas, and market share, aiding strategic planning.
- Conduct market research to support new product planning and development.
- Innovate marketing strategies to effectively target key customer segments, including product cross-promotions.
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing VPs and business units to devise strategies aligned with company growth metrics.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven success in developing and managing brand strategies, connecting these strategies to tangible business results.
- Proven track record in marketing online educational products and services, with a preference for experience in both B2C and B2B marketing.
- Background in language learning or eLearning is a plus.
- Deep understanding of media, learning products and services, and the spectrum of customer touchpoints.
- Strong ability to think both strategically and creatively, with excellent attention to detail for project management from inception through execution.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and the ability to draw conclusions and communicate findings.
- A desire and ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Effective collaboration with multiple stakeholders to influence and drive implementation.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, and strong organizational skills.
- Work authorization in the United States (required I-9 verification)
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary group committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Submit resume and salary requirements to: