Must apply online at:
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo and NeuABC language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
Cricket Media is looking for a bilingual Editor to direct and support our children’s magazine and content publications for the China market. This editor will interact directly with our publishing team in Dalian as well as our publishing and product teams in the United States to support our current magazine production and will play a key role in strategic development of future print and digital publications in both English and Chinese. This editor should be comfortable developing production schedules, assigning and editing content, editing and copyediting texts for style, structure, readability, and consistency, and overseeing translations or translating texts. This editor must be fluent in both English and Mandarin, and proficient in facilitating both in-person and remote collaborative meetings in either language. This editor will be responsible for maintaining the vision and quality of our children’s publications while leading a creative team of authors, illustrators, and designers to acquire and modify content.
- Collaborate with the US-based product and education teams and the publishing team in China responsible for defining and implementing engaging, educational content for the Chinese market.
- Work with freelance contributors to aggregate existing content and develop new content and features that are entertaining, engaging, and inspiring for Chinese families.
- Foster a highly collaborative, innovative environment that encourages everyone on the team to create new ways of experiencing our industry-leading content.
- Contribute to the company’s editorial direction for China in accordance with the company’s high-quality standards.
- Work with other creative teams to develop integrated content packages and opportunities across the company’s portfolio of brands and products.
- Strive to expand readership by suggesting improvements in marketing activities, and monitor readership tastes, needs, and interests to keep publications responsive to changes in the intended audience.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Licensing, and other brand teams to support content sales, content licensing, and the company’s brand character portfolio.
- Recruit independent editorial contractors as needed and approved to contribute to high-quality production of the content for the Chinese market.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field required.
- Strong grasp of children’s content and the ability to make content interesting and entertaining to Chinese readers ages 4 to 14 who seek information, expression, and connection.
- A deep understanding of Cricket’s readership in China and its interests, and the curiosity and imagination needed to challenge, inspire, and engage this audience.
- At least three years of proven success in developing content across physical and digital products as an editor. Experience with children’s media and educational media strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with teams in person as well as remotely.
- Must be a creative, innovative thinker who thrives in a highly collaborative, highly creative environment.
- Must be deadline-driven and detail-oriented.
- Must have proven experience leading and managing simultaneous projects.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and oral skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Experience working in a fast-moving, deadline-conscious company.
- Comfortable with frequent cross-functional and senior management contact.
- Proficiency in a variety of technologies (including tools, devices, and software) for work and communications.
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
How to apply: Send cover letter, resume, 1–2 brief writing samples, and salary requirements.
Must apply online at: