Must apply online at:
About the Position:
Cricket Media, an Education Media Company headquartered in Northern VA, has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst. A thorough understanding of the entire month-end/year-end accounting process is key. We seek a detail-oriented individual with a minimum five (5) years of accounting experience who will be a key member of the existing F&A team. The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask, and be a strong communicator. This is an experienced (non-manager), full-time employee position.
- Participate in month-end and year-end close.
- Responsible for work related to the consolidation of company financial statements.
- Develop and build business cases and financial models.
- Create and present sales, P&L, and cash flow reporting and dashboards.
- Track sales and financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts (budget).
- Prepare management-level presentations and clearly communicate key findings.
- Assist with budget analysis and reporting of variances.
- Assist in the preparation of business models and equity reporting.
- Responsible for miscellaneous projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 5+ years Accounting and Finance experience, with high volume, a wide variety of operational and financing activities and revenue recognition experience preferred.
- Intermediate level knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, and inventory.
- Experience with MS Dynamics, GP 10.0+, Peachtree (Sage), or similar accounting software preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office products, expert level in Excel (macros, pivot tables, look-ups).
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance and provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and take charge of tasks with limited oversight.
To apply: Send resume and salary requirements.