Must apply online at:
We are Cricket Media®, a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, adults, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo, NeuABC, and Fluent City language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children and adults safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
In2Books, Inc., a division of Cricket Media®, is a China-centric platform and services company with a focus on literacy, language learning, and international education.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
In2Books’s Full Stack Developer will be a driving force behind our growth, must be thoughtful and motivated, and have experience with multiple development styles, languages, and database storage systems. The Full Stack Developer partners with the Product, Program Management, and Operational business development and delivery teams to ensure efficient delivery and ongoing support of technical solutions in support of business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver/Support technical functionality across all product lines, including external-facing websites
- Direct infrastructure functions, generally delivered by Systems Administrator, including AWS, IPS, and WPEngine
- Utilize GitHub, Papertrail and others
- Expand existing software to meet the changing needs of our business
- Write and test new software to improve our software platform
- Work across the full platform stack (web/mobile front-end, server-side, scripting, and database systems) to implement product features or improve our development workflow
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ software development or programming experience
- Extensive experience with Node.js (great if you have Python and the Django framework)
- Experience with the Meteor framework
- Experience with the React framework (experience with Redux a plus)
- Experience with MongoDB and Mongo-related libraries such as Mongoose
- Experience with traditional SQL databases (Postgres)
This is a 100% full time, salaried, remote position. We are only considering candidates in the Continental U.S.
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.