Status: Independent Contractor
Apply online at:
About Cricket Media:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning platform, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
Neusoft and Cricket Media have formed a partnership based upon both Chinese and American principles. From the Chinese side, we emphasize simple, respectful, cooperative, and honest business practices. We add to this match the American ideas of critical thinking, cultivating problem-solving skills, advocating communication, and mastering digital skills. The end result is high-quality children’s educational content that will help students master the English language.
In 2017, Cricket Media integrated its rich North American educational resources to bring high-quality North American foreign teachers and pure immersion English learning to Chinese youth through the NeuABC platform. We are building an international collaborative learning experience beyond geographical sectors.
To learn more about NeuABC go to: http://cricketmedia.com/neuabc
About the Position:
BECOME A NeuABC TUTOR, a Powerful Online Platform—with Macmillan Content! CRICKET MEDIA is seeking experienced and enthusiastic U.S. and Canada-based ESL/EFL teachers as tutors for a new online EFL tutoring service designed to help Chinese primary students learn English through a 1:1 match with tutors that speak English at an idiomatic level.
As remote tutors, successful candidates will teach online EFL lessons as independent contractors working from home. Tutors typically work at least 4 hours per week, usually in the early morning or evening hours, based on client volume and needs. The children, ages 3–13, will be excited to practice English with their tutors in an engaging, interactive 1:1 online setting.
Welcome to Happy NeuABC! You’ll be working on a dynamic, new platform powered by NeuPals and Cricket Media, partner companies in China and the U.S.—with tried-and-true content adapted from Happy Campers by Macmillan Education, LLC. Together, Cricket Media and NeuPals will supply administrative and scheduling support.
- Experienced teachers of ESL (English as a second language) or EFL (English as a Foreign Language) are the most suitable candidates.
- Must speak English at an idiomatic level and be a resident of the United States or Canada.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, candidates with an Associate’s Degree will be considered. Most suitable candidates have an accredited teaching certification or ESL certification (e.g., TESOL, TESL, TEFL, etc.). Candidates willing to complete course to receive accredited certification within 6 months of the hiring date will be considered.
- At least 4 peak hours a week availability for tutoring (early mornings Mon-Fri 7:00 am – 9:00 am ET, evenings Fri and Sat 8:30 pm – 10:00 pm ET).
- Experience teaching or volunteering with children (ages 3-13).
- In addition to classroom/online experience, 1:1 tutoring experience ideal.
- Comfort and experience delivering online instruction and teaching objectives in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to effectively utilize teaching tools, including ClassIn, PDF, PowerPoint, etc.
- Access to high-speed internet capable of transmitting seamless video and images.
- Professionalism and professional attire required.