Status: Independent Contractors
Location: U.S.A. and Canada – Remote
We are Cricket Media®, a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, adults, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. The Cricket Media brand has 50 years of history bringing education and connection to families and communities across the globe. Our growing family of products comes together to create a unique, multigenerational, online learning space called Cricket eLearning. Through the combined programming expertise of a diverse group of highly skilled teachers, we are able to offer a variety of learning opportunities for kids, teens, and adults. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable, research-tested, collaborative learning programs, we are committed to innovative learning experiences that help individuals, families, and organizations connect with opportunities to safely explore and expand their worlds.
To learn more about our language-learning programs and our company, visit us at cricketmedia.com.
About the opportunity:
Cricket Media is looking for super passionate Portuguese language instructors interested in enriching work they can do remotely. As a Cricket Portuguese language instructor, you will teach learners remotely using a communicative method, leveraging your creativity to maintain high levels of motivation with all learners. Your schedule is completely up to you. You will have the flexibility to select time slots that best fit your schedule (as many as you like).
Teaching opportunities are available in the following subjects:
- World Language – Online Portuguese Language Teacher
What you’ll be doing:
- Opt in and maintain consistent availability to teach individual learners or small groups online.
- Familiarize yourself with language-learning teaching modules and supplement the provided materials with additional recommended resources personalized to your learners’ needs and interests.
- In cases when materials are not provided, prepare and customize instruction based on your learners’ needs and interests.
- Log all lessons, assignments, and learners’ progress.
- Share student updates and progress reports with authorized Cricket staff.
- Deliver exceptional learning experiences and outcomes for all learners.
- Monitor and encourage student activity, motivation, and progress.
- Communicate in a clear, timely, and service-oriented manner with all learners, parents/guardians, and Cricket team members.
- Maintain excellent professionalism, strong organizational skills, and high attention to detail.
- Must be fluent in Portuguese
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
- Previous online teaching experience
- Experience developing/building/editing curriculum preferred
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Computer, webcam, and microphone with reliable high-speed internet connection
- Comfort and proficiency with technology and eagerness to experiment with new tools
- Must have minimum availability of 5-10 hours per week during afternoons/evenings
- Enthusiastic, open-minded, “can-do” attitude
- Compassionate, confident, and respectful leader
- Efficient time management
- Outstanding critical-thinking abilities
- Must submit to a Criminal Background Screening
How to apply: Submit resume and cover letter to: