(Remote – U.S. based)
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo and NeuABC language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
Cricket Media seeks an experienced Rights & Permissions Specialist to work closely with the Senior Manager of Content & Intellectual Property, other Rights & Permissions team members, as well as the editorial and design teams to meet production needs and ensure copyright compliance; analyze content to ascertain copyright status and serve as a liaison for issues related to Digital Asset Management. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and trainer, adept at conducting photo research and negotiating, drafting, and tracking rights licensing agreements.
- Facilitate contributor agreements for Ladybug, Muse, and Ask magazines
- Obtain invoices and tax forms from contributors; manage contributor relations and field inquiries related to contract language and payment matters
- Analyze content to ascertain copyright status; conduct photo research and necessary third-party rights clearance for assigned titles
- Craft credit and source lines
- Vet selections for concierge service and other licensing requests to ensure sufficient rights
- Perform registration of Ladybug, Muse, Ask assets with U.S. Copyright Office
- Serve as point person for licensing issues related to our Digital Asset Management system
- Train personnel in standard rights and permissions protocols as needed
- Support Senior Manager of Content IP; research and execute special licensing projects
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Salesforce, DocuSign, and Dropbox
- Contract and fee negotiation
- Experience with Copyright research
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills (ability to communicate promptly, professionally, and clearly in person and via written correspondence)
- Excellent data entry skills (ability to enter data using correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to efficiently perform duties and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High attention to detail
- Creative problem solving
- Detail- and process-improvement oriented
- Ability to recognize potential risk related to rights handling and escalate as needed
- Ability to demonstrate a strong attention to detail
- Ability to professionally and discreetly handle confidential information.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as self-motivated in individual projects.
- Work authorization in the United States (required I-9 verification)
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
Send resume and salary requirements to: