(Remote U.S.-based – must be eligible to work in the U.S.)
We are Cricket Media®, a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, adults, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. The Cricket Media brand has 50 years of history bringing education and connection to families and communities across the globe. Our growing family of products comes together to create a unique, multigenerational, online learning space called Cricket eLearning. Through the combined programming expertise of a diverse group of highly skilled teachers, we offer a variety of learning opportunities for kids, teens, and adults. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable, research-tested, collaborative learning programs, we are committed to innovative learning experiences that help individuals, families, and organizations connect with opportunities to safely explore and expand their worlds.
To learn more about our language learning programs and our company, visit us at cricketmedia.com.
Cricket Media is seeking an experienced and results-driven Sales Director, Education, to join our team. This position is vital to expanding Cricket Media’s presence in the K-12 education market. You will work directly with school districts, serving as the primary Cricket Sales Representative on all K-12 district deals, and have a unique opportunity to influence the educational landscape across the United States and globally.
- Strategic Engagement: Collaborate with the Senior Vice President of Sales and Director of eLearning to establish strategic initiatives for engaging K-12 school districts.
- District Sales: Serve as the primary point of contact for K-12 district sales, promoting and selling Cricket Media’s educational solutions, including language learning resources, digital and print publications, K-12 tutoring, and other programs.
- Relationship Building: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers within school districts to understand their unique needs and requirements.
- Product Knowledge: Develop in-depth knowledge of Cricket Media’s educational products and services to effectively communicate their value to potential customers.
- Sales Growth: Develop and implement sales strategies and tactics to achieve sales targets and revenue goals.
- Market Research: Stay informed about market trends, competition, and emerging opportunities to help inform the company’s product development and sales strategies.
- Reporting: Provide regular reports and updates on sales activities, customer feedback, and market insights to the leadership team.
- Customer Support: Provide ongoing support to districts to ensure they have a positive experience with Cricket Media’s products and services.
- 5+ years of proven experience in K-12 sales, with a strong track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Bachelor’s degree required (related field preferred).
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex educational solutions to diverse audiences.
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to establish trust and rapport with district decision-makers.
- Knowledge of the K-12 education market, including an understanding of district purchasing processes.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and able to work independently while also contributing to a collaborative team environment.
- Strong prospecting skills.
- Ability to negotiate and close.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on the education sector and have a proven track record in K-12 sales, we encourage you to apply for this exciting District Sales Manager position at Cricket Media.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on the education sector and have a proven track record in K-12 sales, we encourage you to apply for this exciting Sales Director, Education position at Cricket Media.
To apply, please submit your resume, salary requirements, and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role to: