(Remote – U.S. based – 3-month Temporary Assignment)
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo and NeuABC language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
Cricket Media Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant for a three-month temporary assignment to assist the Director of Accounting to create month-end close process. A thorough understanding of the entire month-end accounting process is key. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with a minimum seven (7) years of accounting experience who will lead monthly close. This position requires a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask, and excellent communication skills, both written and by phone.
- Create monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts.
- Month-end journal entries, including (but not limited to) accruals and prepaids.
- Assistance with the preparation of financial statements for review, as well as any associated inquiries.
- Provide accounting support for the Company’s accounting function.
- Assist in organizing and preparing data to be used by accounting for various functions.
- Initiation of customer invoices and collections of past-due invoices.
- Accounting for inventory associated with the Company’s media products.
- Ad hoc tasks and miscellaneous projects as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other related degree
- 7+ years accounting experience plus experience with high volume and a wide variety of operational and financing activities preferred.
- Experience with Intacct, Bill.com, or similar accounting software preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of calculating client royalties a plus.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance and provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines.
- Ability to take charge of tasks with limited oversight.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Up to 25 hours per week.
- Work authorization in the United States (required I-9 verification)
Pay Range: $24-$30 per hour
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
Must apply online and include resume and part-time salary requirement.