Must apply online at:
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning, language learning, and eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
Cricket Media seeks an ambitious, organized, highly effective, detail-oriented executive with strong management and interpersonal skills to serve as the Senior Vice President of our Content and Publishing (“SVP, Content & Publishing”) business line/division. The role provides day-to-day leadership and oversight of the delivery, growth, and success of our content and children’s magazines. This is a strategic role in the company, reporting directly to the CEO.
The role is responsible for ensuring and expanding the continuing quality of the Cricket Media content and translating the company’s content strategy, business opportunities, and educational standards into an appropriate editorial direction and content generation plan. The role is also responsible for managing the company’s editorial, creative, and digital teams and fostering a highly collaborative and innovative environment among these content creators. The SVP, Content & Publishing will work closely with the SVP, International & Operations and SVP, Education Products to support the company’s content/digital operations and strategy across all products and be responsible for the success of Cricket Media’s children’s magazine sales/subscriptions and content licensing business while helping drive the success of Language Learning, eMentoring, and educational offerings.
The role also is responsible for partner, sponsor, and user-generated content. The SVP, Content & Publishing will work regularly with the marketing, licensing, education, technology, sponsorship, and business development groups to identify new opportunities for the company’s content, characters, and brands and apply those insights to the overall editorial and creative strategy of the company. The SVP, Content & Publishing will be expected to strengthen and grow the company’s content and creative portfolio, focusing on the generation of editorial content, individual brands, and brand products to target audience, age, and interest. This includes content in disaggregated forms for a variety of physical and digital formats (e.g., print, tablet, phone, web) and for a variety of customers (e.g., schools, content licensees).
- Revenue Generation:
- Continue to identify profitable sources of new business (including subscription revenue and digital channels) and optimize marketing spend
- Acquire new business and renewal revenue by driving marketing efforts in all active sales channels and developing new channels within resource constraints.
- Drive internal teams to meet/exceed the Company’s Board approved yearly Sales Plan for Magazine and Content licensing.
- Ensure and enhance the quality of the Cricket Media content. Define and implement an editorial and content vision for the company and oversee plans for implementation of new content projects or product lines. Maintain control over the overall editorial direction and roadmap for the company, and restructure how we approach content development.
- Manage a diverse team of print/digital editors, creatives, and designers, fostering a supportive, collaborative environment. Provide leadership, advice, guidance, and direction to internal teams so that major plans, initiatives, and roadmaps are flawlessly executed. Guide and mentor editors on what they are hiring people to write so that we can fulfill a content strategy not just for magazines but also for licensing, school products, etc.
- Work closely with the SVP, Education Products to put in place an overarching content development roadmap that drives our business goals while upholding its editorial and educational standards.
- Establish current and long-range editorial and content policies and educational standards in conjunction with the CEO and SVP, International & Operations. Develop a content calendar that supports all teams.
- Work closely with the SVP, Education Products to drive innovation across the company’s digital content offerings and packaging across business lines, including individual brands, new content product development, and the overall brand portfolio.
- Work with the product team to manage the development of new digital content packages that increase the frequency and quality of user interactions. Provide insight around new digital opportunities and ensure that all content is innately social, collaborative, enlightening or educational, and interactive.
- Collaborate with the licensing and brand teams to support the development of the Company’s content licensing and brand character portfolio.
- Manage the relationship between the creative teams and the PMO and technology development team to ensure on-time delivery of new products and product enhancements.
- Help manage content coming in from and being delivered to the Company’s China division and related partnerships.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA required; graduate degree preferred.
- 10 years of proven success developing and packaging children’s media and educational media content, with a minimum of 1-2 years related to social, interactive, or digital media.
- Minimum 3 years’ marketing experience at a small to mid-size professional services organization, technology firm, or education services company.
- Demonstrated experience understanding leveling and creating media content for children of all ages.
- 5 years’ experience managing editorial and creative teams.
- Deadline driven and detail oriented, with ability to multi-task.
- Strong balance of creative and analytical skills, with the demonstrated ability to successfully drive both strategy and execution.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage complex multi-media projects and geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Strong understanding of current digital media landscape, with the ability to identify and facilitate potential partnerships.
- Experience working in a fast-moving, high-growth company; high comfort level working in matrixed organization.
- Comfortable using a variety of technologies (including tools, devices, and software) for work and communications.
- Travel: Minimal, depending on home location. Remote work available based on experience.
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.
Must apply online at: