About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo, NeuABC, and Fluent City language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children and adults safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About Fluent City:
Fluent City is an innovative language training platform, powered by Cricket Media Services, Inc., offering instruction to individuals, groups, and businesses in 11 different languages. Through in-person classes, online tools and corporate training, Fluent City provides a contemporary curriculum and highly interactive approach that has made it one of the country’s fastest-growing language platforms.
About the Position:
The Teacher Manager for Cricket eLearning will be results-driven and acutely attuned to the Company’s customer base, responsible for managing the Teacher HR and Talent strategies and operations for Cricket. The Teacher Manager will have daily interactions with Cricket teachers and staff and manage all teacher communications and recruiting. The Teacher Manager works under the direction of the SVP, International & Operations and other senior leaders to help foster an environment of continued business growth and excellence and will assist the Cricket team in delivering on the level of service, quality, timing, costs, and revenue established for company initiatives.
Location: Remote US-based (reports to office in McLean, VA)
Reports to: SVP, International & Operations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set objectives for the Cricket teacher community; monitor key metrics and present to stakeholders
- Act as a consultant to SVP, International & Operations and Cricket managers and staff regarding policies and procedures; designs and implements new policies and procedures as needed
- Assist SVP, International & Operations with teacher workforce management, scheduling, and performance management
- Collaborate with SVP, International & Operations to maximize teacher engagement and retention
- Work with other Cricket team members, specifically other teacher managers to facilitate end-to-end contractor onboarding, including answering contractor questions, assessing candidate/contractor experience, and suggesting and implementing changes where appropriate
- Determine current teacher staffing needs and produce forecasts
- Plan and conduct recruitment and selection processes (develop job descriptions and post, evaluate resumes and video interviews, conduct phone calls, engage with hiring managers, etc.)
- Conduct bi-weekly accounts payable for all teacher contractors, working to assimilate the process with all Cricket teacher contractors
- Address teacher queries (e.g., re compensation, performance, etc.)
- Perform ad-hoc tasks including employment verifications, contract renewals, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- 5+ years of human resource management experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems
- Some travel required
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Submit resume and salary requirements to: