Must apply online at:
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning, language learning, and eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
Location: Remote US-based (reports to office in McLean, VA)
Reports to: CEO
About the Position:
Cricket Media is looking for an experienced marketer with proven track record of successfully marketing online educational products and services, preferably with experience in both B2C and B2B marketing to drive brand development and marketing concepts for our rapidly growing and changing company. The Vice President, Marketing is responsible for corporate communications, public relations, messaging, branding and brand management at the corporate level and that of the portfolio businesses. The Vice President, Marketing will be an integral link in aligning the company’s brand and messaging to revenue opportunities and must be able to innovate the brand and position the Company so it is viewed as a next-generation global learning company. The Vice President, Marketing will closely collaborate with and support the business strategies of key business line stakeholders as well as with members of the product development team to conduct market research, analyze prospective customers, and drive appropriate marketing strategies and campaigns.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own the branding strategy for the company and the individual lines of business.
- Ensure each brand in the portfolio has an ownable positioning strategy and is communicated in a compelling and consistent manner across all channels and touchpoints.
- Corporate communications and public relations; write press releases; develop messaging strategies to drive earned media.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize marketing data and trends to learn more about our customer segments, personas, and our market share to help us plan strategically.
- Conduct market research in support of new product planning and development.
- Develop innovative ways to effectively market to our key customer segments, including product cross-promotions.
- Work closely with the CEO and business units on strategies to meet company growth metrics.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- BA required; graduate degree preferred.
- 8 years of proven success developing and managing brand strategies with experience connecting those strategies to business results.
- Proven track record of successfully marketing online educational products and services, preferably with experience in both B2C and B2B marketing.
- Language learning or eLearning business background preferred.
- Deep understanding of media, learning products and services, and the spectrum of customer touchpoints.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, but also detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution; deadline driven with ability to multi-task.
- Experience gathering and using data to make findings, draw conclusions from those findings, and then communicate those conclusions.
- A desire and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to influence and drive implementation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; excellent organizational skills.
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Send resume and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.
Must apply only at: