Must apply online at:
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo and NeuABC language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
The Vice President of Content & Publishing is responsible for ensuring and expanding the continuing quality of Cricket Media content and translating the company’s content strategy, business opportunities, and educational standards into an appropriate editorial direction and content generation plan. The VP of Content & Publishing directs the company’s editorial, creative, and digital teams, and fosters a highly collaborative and innovative environment among these content creators. The VP of Content & Publishing will work closely with the executive team to support the company’s content/digital strategy across all products and help drive the success of its media products, content licensing business, and educational offerings.
The VP of Content & Publishing is responsible for partner, sponsor, and user-generated content, collaborating regularly across the organization to identify new opportunities for the company’s content, characters, and brands and applying those insights to the overall editorial and creative strategy of the company. Cricket Media is positioned for increased profitability and poised for growth. The VP of Content & Publishing will be expected to strengthen and grow the company’s content and creative portfolio, focusing on the generation of editorial content, individual brands, and brand products to target audience, age, and interest. This includes content in disaggregated forms for a variety of physical and digital formats and for a variety of customers (e.g., schools, content licensees). The VP of Content & Publishing will ensure synergy across all Cricket Media content to ensure the most effective use of and return on investment across all programs, supporting a single brand for Cricket content and providing high-quality standards for curriculum, educational programs, and magazines.
Location: Remote US-based (reports to office in McLean, VA)
Reports to: CEO
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure and enhance the quality of Cricket Media content. Define and implement an editorial and content vision for the company and oversee plans for implementation of new content projects or product lines. Maintain control over the overall editorial direction and roadmap for the company and develop new and innovative ways for how we approach content development.
- Manage a diverse team of editors, art directors, designers, and creative contributors, fostering a supportive, collaborative environment. Provide leadership, advice, guidance, and direction to internal teams so that major plans, initiatives, and roadmaps are flawlessly executed. Guide and mentor editors on what they are hiring people to write to fulfill a content strategy not just for magazines but also for digital media, licensing, school products, etc.
- Work closely with the Executive team to put in place an overarching content development roadmap that drives our business goals while upholding its editorial and educational standards.
- Establish current and long-range editorial and content policies and educational standards in conjunction with the Executive team.
- Develop a content calendar that supports all teams and products.
- Work closely with the Education team to drive innovation across the company’s digital content offerings and packaging across business lines, including individual brands, new content product development, and the overall brand portfolio.
- Work with the product team to manage the development of new digital content packages that increase the frequency and quality of user interactions. Provide insight around new digital opportunities and ensure all content is innately social, collaborative, enlightening or educational, and interactive.
- Collaborate with the licensing and brand teams to support the company’s content licensing and brand character portfolio.
- Manage the relationship between the creative teams and technology team to ensure on-time delivery of new products and product enhancements.
- Help manage content being produced within the company, including our China division related partnerships.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA required; graduate degree preferred.
- 10 years of proven success developing and packaging children’s media and educational media content, with a minimum of 1-2 years related to social, interactive, or digital media.
- Demonstrated experience understanding leveling and creating media content for children of all ages.
- 10 years of experience managing editorial and creative teams.
- Experience in children’s education and/or children’s educational technology.
- Deadline driven and detail oriented, with ability to multi-task.
- Strong balance of creative and analytical skills, with the demonstrated ability to successfully drive both strategy and execution.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage complex multi-media projects and geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Strong understanding of current digital media landscape, with the ability to identify and facilitate potential partnerships.
- Experience working in a fast-moving, high-growth company; high comfort level working in a matrixed organization.
- Comfortable using a variety of technologies (including tools, devices, and software) for work and communications.
- Some travel required.
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Send resume and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.