Must apply online at:
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo and NeuABC language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
Cricket Media’s Vice President of Education Products will be a results-driven leader acutely attuned to Cricket Media’s customer base responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the organization’s education product initiatives and leading the development and management of Cricket’s eLearning program specifications, projects, and product offerings. The VP of Education Products is responsible for overseeing and managing the eLearning product suite and making data-driven strategic plans for growth of programs and products. The VP of Education Products leads ongoing, cross-team collaborations with internal and external teams that produce and promote the resources, technologies, and educational approaches needed to create an impactful eLearning environment critical to Cricket Media’s expanding value to all its stakeholders. At Cricket Media, eLearning innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making collaborative education accessible wherever and whenever children need it on a global scale, providing all children with access to strong content that sparks curiosity and digital connection to learning partners, inspiring meaningful and substantive dialogue, with online delivery that is always safe and reliable.
The VP of Education Products is a highly effective, detail-oriented leader with exceptional management, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills, along with extraordinary knowledge of the education market and an understanding of effective content and curriculum development, classroom technology, and collaborative learning pedagogy. Providing high-energy, dynamic leadership over multiple, quickly-evolving products is essential, including oversight of our language learning products (NeuLingo and NeuABC), our eMentoring products (CricketTogether (www.crickettogether.com) (and its related programs including: TryEngineering Together (http://tryengineeringtogether.com), collaborative initiatives with valued partners (InventItChallenge.com), and our Global Community (epals.com). In addition, the VP of Education Products will work closely with the SVP of Content and Publishing in strategically planning to leverage Cricket’s print media for digital social learning and collaboration across the eLearning product suite. The ideal candidate is a critical, strategic thinker who has proven success in leadership of a digital learning product suite and demonstrated commitment to helping all children succeed.
Location: Remote US-based (reports to office in McLean, VA)
Reports to: CEO
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and refine a vision and roadmap for Cricket’s eLearning product strategy that provides added value today as well as 5 and 10 years into the future.
- Lead product, program, content, and development teams, coordinating through all aspects of each product’s life cycle, including execution of product vision and roadmap, and delivery to end-users.
- Serve as Cricket’s executive liaison to multiple external partners, including corporate partners, school districts, and non-profit partners.
- Ensure educational integrity as well as security and privacy compliance with all regulatory and education standards across eLearning products.
- Lead reporting to CEO, board, and external stakeholders on product KPIs.
- Build, manage, and mentor a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively with other Cricket Media teams (education, legal, marketing, sales, tech, editorial, user support team) to ensure functioning and thriving online environments across products.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years in Education, Curriculum Development, or Educational Publishing; experience in an academic leadership position preferred.
- 5+ years in Program and Project Management, with eLearning products as preferred focus
- Extraordinary knowledge of the education market and an understanding of effective classroom technology
- Proven competency to foster and build a culture of success, accountability and teamwork
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral communication, and presentation skills
- K-12 pedagogical expertise and perspective
- Excellent written communication skills
- Exceptional knowledge of digital media and digital content with an ability to sustain quality, excellence, and regularity through media platforms and online networks to drive increased circulation and brand prominence
- Strong ability to work successfully across organizational boundaries to develop and deliver new programs, projects, standards, and plans
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously
- Experience developing and managing product budgets and schedules
- Strong balance of creative and analytical skills, with the demonstrated ability to successfully drive both strategy and execution
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to manage complex multi-media projects and geographically dispersed teams
- Some travel required (approximately 5%)
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Send resume and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.