(Remote U.S.-based – must reside in and be eligible to work in the U.S.)
We are Cricket Media®, a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, adults, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. The Cricket Media brand has 50 years of history bringing education and connection to families and communities across the globe. Our growing family of products comes together to create a unique, multigenerational, online learning space called Cricket eLearning. Through the combined programming expertise of a diverse group of highly skilled teachers, we offer a variety of learning opportunities for kids, teens, and adults. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable, research-tested, collaborative learning programs, we are committed to innovative learning experiences that help individuals, families, and organizations connect with opportunities to safely explore and expand their worlds.
To learn more about our language learning programs and our company, visit us at cricketmedia.com.
About the Position:
Cricket Media’s Vice President of Finance will be a results-driven finance and accounting executive acutely attuned to Cricket Media’s customer base, responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the organization’s Finance & Accounting functions. As a senior leader in the organization, the VP of Finance will collaborate directly with the CEO, principals, board members, investors, and other senior leaders to foster an environment of continued business growth and excellence. Cricket Media is positioned for increased profitability and poised for growth. The VP of Finance will provide high-level strategic leadership on the financial affairs of the corporation and have a proven track record of leading high-impact, cross-functional projects that deliver results. The VP of Finance will be responsible for building, training, and developing a high-performance, efficient Finance & Accounting team, as well as managing and performing critical finance and accounting functions, financial modeling, forecasting, project/product profitability analysis, payment terms, etc. The VP of Finance will also manage the organization’s Legal operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnering with the CEO, provide strategic recommendations based on financial and operational analysis and projections.
- Review monthly and quarterly financial statements, while ensuring that recordkeeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies, while also preparing the annual budget.
- Promote a framework to drive financial accountability across the organization.
- Provide timely and meaningful financial analyses and partner with operational leaders to execute.
- Manage the administration of tax planning and compliance, including federal, state/local, as well as sales and use.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within GAAP and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, efficient use of operating costs, and increased sales and revenue within an international, multi-company, multi-state, project-based environment.
- Maintain relationships with Board of Directors, banks, law firms, auditors, and third-party vendors.
- Oversee potential acquisitions (due diligence and agreement negotiations) and collaborations/partnerships with external organizations.
- As a member of the executive management team, participate in key decisions, maintain in-depth relations with all executive team members and report financial results.
- Manage the Accounting and Legal operations.
- Develop and communicate efficient and transparent financial business processes that address departmental needs while also supporting the overall goals and priorities of the organization.
- Risk management; understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company and affecting the industry, including legal entity registrations.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Arrange and manage all debt and equity financing.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related major required (Master’s Degree and CPA preferred)
- 10 years of experience in an executive-level finance role, preferably in small to mid-sized company
- Background in children’s education and/or children’s educational technology preferred
- Strong FP&A background
- Strong accounting and finance background
- Proven leadership abilities
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of project-based accounting concepts
- Prior experience evaluating and performing due diligence of mergers and acquisitions
- Prior experience working with brokers and managing Corporate Insurance policies
- Experience working in a fast-moving, high-growth company; high comfort level working in a matrixed organization
- Experience with forecasting, cap table, and waterfall analysis
- Experience with multi-state operations
- Expertise in Excel Modeling and other Microsoft products
- Authorized to work in the U.S. (I-9 verification required)
- Global Finance experience is a plus.
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary group committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Submit resume and salary requirements to: