Must apply online at:
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo and NeuABC language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
Cricket Media’s Vice President of Finance will be a results-driven finance executive acutely attuned to Cricket Media’s customer base, responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the organization’s Finance & Accounting functions. As a senior leader in the organization, the VP of Finance will collaborate directly with the CEO, principals, board members, investors, and other senior leaders to foster an environment of continued business growth and excellence. Cricket Media is positioned for increased profitability and poised for growth. The VP of Finance will provide high-level strategic leadership on the financial affairs of the corporation and have a proven track record of leading high-impact, cross-functional projects that deliver results. The VP of Finance will be responsible for building, training, and developing a high-performance, efficient Finance & Accounting team, as well as managing and performing critical finance and accounting functions, financial modeling, forecasting, project/product profitability analysis, payment terms, etc. The VP of Finance will also manage the organization’s Legal operations.
Location: Remote US-based (reports to office in McLean, VA)
Reports to: CEO
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnering with the CEO, provide strategic recommendations based on financial and operational analysis and projections.
- Promote a framework to drive financial accountability across the organization.
- Provide timely and meaningful analyses and partner with operational leaders to execute.
- Administration of taxation planning and compliance, including federal, state/local, as well as sales and use.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, efficient use of operating costs, and increased sales and revenue within a multi-company, multi-state, project-based environment.
- Maintain external relationships with banks, auditors, and third-party vendors.
- Oversee potential acquisitions and collaborations with external organizations.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage capital requests and budgeting processes.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Manage the Accounting and Legal teams.
- Develop and communicate efficient and transparent financial business processes that address departmental needs while also supporting the overall goals and priorities of the organization.
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions.
- Report financial results to the executive management team.
- Risk management.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that recordkeeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Arrange for debt and equity financing.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related major required (Master’s Degree and CPA preferred)
- 10 years of experience in an executive-level finance role, preferably in small to mid-sized company
- Background in children’s education and/or children’s educational technology
- Strong FP&A background
- Strong accounting and finance background
- Proven leadership abilities
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of project-based accounting concepts
- Prior experience evaluating and performing due diligence of mergers and acquisitions
- Experience working in a fast-moving, high-growth company; high comfort level working in a matrixed organization.
- Experience with multi-state operations
- Background in Excel Modeling and other Microsoft products
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Send resume and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.