Must apply online at:
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo and NeuABC language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
Cricket Media’s Vice President of Operations will be a results-driven operations executive acutely attuned to Cricket Media’s customer base and responsible for strategically planning and directing all aspects of the organization’s operational affairs. As a senior leader in the organization, the VP of Operations will collaborate directly with the CEO, principals, board members, and other senior leaders to foster an environment of continued business growth and excellence. Cricket Media is positioned for increased profitability and poised for growth. The VP of Operations will have a mindset of continuous improvement to help lead the organization using process improvement and project management to deliver on the level of service, quality, timing, costs, and revenue established for company initiatives. The VP of Operations is willing to challenge the status quo in a respectful way to drive the business forward and balances the pace of change with the organization’s capabilities to ensure forward momentum is maintained in a sustainable way. The VP of Operations builds support for recommendations and decisions, finds common ground and mutual benefits to gain agreement and commitment, shows enthusiasm, excitement, and passion for goals, and solves difficult problems with effective solutions.
Location: Remote US-based (reports to office in McLean, VA)
Reports to: CEO
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnering with the CEO and other senior leaders on operational and strategic issues as they arise, provide strategic recommendations based on operational analysis and projections.
- Reduce operating costs and increase revenues within a multi-company, global, project-based environment.
- Promote a framework to drive accountability across the organization.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Maintain and prioritize a pipeline of optimization opportunities to support growth and drive efficiency and productivity across the company.
- Drive outcomes cross-functionally to build consensus and execute to meet deadlines and targeted results.
- Manage ad hoc operational issues/challenges.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Partner with the executive team and HR to drive operational improvements that contribute to a positive employee experience.
- Support strategic initiatives through presentations/discussions across the company.
- Lead the development of and advise senior leadership on the efficient and effective deployment of resources; ensure that resources are effectively stewarded.
- Effective oversight and management of the organization’s business functions that include: 1) International Operations; 2) Program Management and Product Development/Delivery; 3) Human Resources; 4) Digital Asset Management Solutions; 5) Circulation; and 6) Clearance Services (Content Licensing)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s Degree preferred).
- 10 years of progressively responsible operational management experience, data analysis, reporting, and planning.
- Superior project management skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to implement change.
- Strong balance of problem-solving, decision-making, creative and analytical skills, with the demonstrated ability to successfully drive both strategy and execution.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage complex multi-media projects and geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization and outside vendors, driving initiatives and projects to desired outcomes,
- Experience working in a fast-moving, high-growth company; high comfort level working in a matrixed organization.
- Experience in children’s education and/or children’s educational technology.
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Send resume and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.