(Remote U.S.-based – must be eligible to work in and reside in the U.S.)
We are Cricket Media®, a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, adults, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. The Cricket Media brand has 50 years of history bringing education and connection to families and communities across the globe. Our growing family of products comes together to create a unique, multigenerational, online learning space called Cricket eLearning. Through the combined programming expertise of a diverse group of highly skilled teachers, we offer a variety of learning opportunities for kids, teens, and adults. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable, research-tested, collaborative learning programs, we are committed to innovative learning experiences that help individuals, families, and organizations connect with opportunities to safely explore and expand their worlds.
To learn more about our language learning programs and our company, visit us at cricketmedia.com.
About the Position:
As the Vice President of Sales at Cricket Media, you will play a pivotal role in driving the growth and profitability of the company. Your responsibilities will include expanding our eLearning solutions, content licensing, institutional subscriptions, and commerce revenue by broadening customer relationships and exploring new sales channels. You will also manage licensing opportunities related to our collaborative learning platform, which supports a global network of teachers and students.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a Sales team focused on growing eLearning solutions, content licensing, institutional subscriptions, and commerce revenue.
- Develop and manage a quantifiable sales pipeline, ensuring accurate monthly forecasting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Prioritize prospecting, ensuring continuous addition of new prospects to the sales funnel.
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams and optimize new content for licensing.
- Articulate our unique value proposition to publishing and education-related verticals.
- Stay informed about industry trends and highlight the company’s unique position.
- Research markets and develop strategies for acquiring new customers.
- Execute these strategies through active engagement with potential partners.
- Expand existing relationships with licensees and channel partners.
- Generate sales from existing and new programs around the company’s content assets.
- Utilize Salesforce for tracking sales activities and opportunities.
- Participate in sales meetings, product seminars, and trade shows.
- Prepare presentations, reports, and partnership proposals; assist with contract negotiations.
- Efficiently deploy internal resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle to advance the process.
- Develop new content licensing packages and formats to expand the inventory.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales or a business-related field (Master’s preferred).
- 10 years of experience in education product or licensing solution selling, with a track record of success.
- Proficiency in prospecting, pipeline management, and moving opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Experience in children’s educational publishing, educational technology, or media assets preferred.
- Sales strategist with a strong creative focus on strategic planning and decision-making.
- Proven track record in resolving complex business challenges and making high-stakes decisions.
- Ability to identify and maximize profitable business opportunities.
- Achievement in solutions selling and complex contract negotiations.
- Aggressive, energetic attitude with a balance of strategic and tactical analytical skills.
- Strong leadership, motivational, and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effective negotiation skills for licensing deals and contracts.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary group committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Submit resume and salary requirements to: