Must apply online at:
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo and NeuABC language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
Cricket Media’s Vice President of Sales will be a results-driven sales executive acutely attuned to Cricket Media’s customer base responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the organization’s sales initiatives, leading the sales team to drive new sales opportunities and expand existing sales. Cricket Media is positioned for increased profitability and poised for growth. Critical to the growth of the company, the VP of Sales will be responsible for growing the company’s NeuLingo and Language Learning solutions, licensing, institutional subscriptions, and commerce revenue by expanding into new sales channels, broadening existing customer relationships, and expanding the company’s institutional customer base. The VP of Sales will also manage licensing opportunities relating to a collaborative learning platform that supports a global network of teachers and students.
Location: Remote US-based (reports to office in McLean, VA)
Reports to: CEO
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a Sales team that will aggressively grow the company’s NeuLingo and Language Learning solutions, content licensing, institutional subscriptions, and commerce revenue; explore other platform licensing opportunities.
- Build, document, and manage a quantifiable sales pipeline; ensure timely and accurate forecasting on a monthly basis; meet and exceed sales quotas.
- Ensure prospecting is an integral part of the sales team’s work routine and that new prospects are being added to the sales funnel on an ongoing basis.
- Work effectively with all internal partners across the organization; collaborate with product team to optimize new content for licensing pipeline.
- Articulate unique value proposition to segments of the publishing and education related verticals.
- Stay informed about current industry trends and articulate the company’s unique position in the industry.
- Research available markets and develop strategies for acquiring new customers.
- Execute on these strategies through active contact with new potential partners.
- Analyze and expand the company’s existing relationships with licensees and channel partners.
- Cultivate demand and generate sales from existing and new programs around the company’s content assets, including a library of international assets.
- Support all existing partners, develop relationships with their local sales reps, and leverage those relationships to drive incremental sales.
- Effectively use and ensure sales teams’ use of Salesforce to enter all sales activity and opportunities.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars, and trade shows.
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and partnership proposals; negotiate and assist sales team with contract negotiations.
- Effectively and efficiently deploy internal resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle to advance the sales process.
- Develop new content licensing packages and formats to expand existing content licensing inventory.
- Expert sales strategist that brings creative energy and focus to high-level strategic planning and decision-making initiatives.
- Driven by challenge and motivated to identify, pursue, and create long-term business relationships at every opportunity.
- Proven track record with resolving complex business challenges and making high-stakes decisions based on experience-backed judgment, innovation, strong work ethic, and integrity.
- Ability to identify successful business opportunities and maximize profits for short and long-term gains.
- Outstanding record of achievement in solutions selling and complex contract negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales or business-related field (Master’s preferred)
- 10 years of experience in education products or licensing solution selling into publishing, curriculum, or assessment companies and with an established record of success.
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, and moving opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions.
- Experience with children’s educational publishing, educational technology, or media assets.
- Aggressive, energetic attitude that responds well to new challenges and opportunities; good balance of strategic and tactical analytical skills.
- Strong leadership, motivational, and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to effectively negotiate licensing deals and contracts.
- Occasional travel required.
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Send resume and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.