Must apply online at:
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo and NeuABC language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
Cricket Media’s Vice President of Technology is a proven technology leader with an analytical mind and an entrepreneurial spirit who manages and inspires the technical team to achieve its best work while solving complicated problems in a fast-paced environment and effectively collaborates cross-functionally on technology decisions. Cricket Media is positioned for increased profitability and poised for growth. The VP of Technology has proven strategic planning experience to drive the company’s software development, application support, infrastructure, and security in an agile environment and is responsible for helping to plan the information technology future for the organization as well as the implementation and maintenance of current systems. The VP of Technology partners with the Product, Program Management and Operational business development and delivery teams to ensure efficient delivery and ongoing support of technical solutions in support of business needs.
Location: Remote US-based (reports to office in McLean, VA)
Reports to: CEO
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver technical functionality across all product lines, including external-facing websites
- Infrastructure functions, generally delivered by Systems Administrator, including AWS, IPS, and WPEngine
- Ownership of internal tools, including GitHub, Papertrail and others
- Strategic technical implementation and direction, including Language Learning, eMentoring Platform Global Community, private learning communities, Digital Asset Library, and other potential products
- Technology process, including use of Trello and other tools for schedule management, engaging directly with Program Management and Education Product leads in partnership to meet CM customers’ needs
- Manage technical team, including systems administration and offshore resources and drive requirements, development, quality assurance and delivery success
- Ensure product scalability and effectiveness related to customer needs
- Under the direction of the SVP, International & Operations, manage, train, and evaluate Technology staff to keep internal and external technology functioning at required levels.
- Prepare and deliver written presentations and reports
Qualification & Requirements:
- BS/BA in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 years of experience managing an information systems department and ability to recruit and direct IT staff members
- 10 years of IT Leadership experience
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use, application, and management of the most current technologies and products used in the industry (cloud, mobile & automation)
- Experience transforming IT environments into cost-effective organizations that are aligned with business objectives
- Experience with business process improvement in a global organization
- Experience in children’s education and/or children’s educational technology
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities with a strategic mindset and experience utilizing technology to drive business value
- Proficiency in establishing IT services framework and IT security policies
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining attention to detail
- Team player willing and able to adapt approach across a diverse employee base and able to appropriately handle challenges from others
- Open and flexible to ideas and/or suggestions from others
- Able to work flexible hours and be available in case of emergency (including weekends and holidays)
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Send resume and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.