Must apply online at:
About Cricket Media®:
Cricket Media® is a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning, language learning, and eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
Cricket Media is looking for a dynamic Editor of Education Products who will engage with our education team during the production of content to ensure educational value and serve as the strategic and creative lead on content development for our digital learning products. This editor is a curriculum development expert and an innovative digital content creator who will be responsible for generating new content, rewriting and editing existing copy, and liaising with our product teams on content quality, streamlining and efficiency. This is a demanding and intellectually stimulating position and necessitates a strong passion for curriculum development, eLearning environments, and digital content. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of the digital education market (including familiarity with major products, distributors, institutions); strong knowledge of educational standards; strong background in STE(A)M and language learning; an appreciation for literature and effective writing; and must be dedicated to making an impact. You will thrive in this position if you are a creative, proactive team player who functions well in a fast-paced, small group environment. Your work will help create and distribute digital content that supports learning across the globe.
Location: Remote (reports to office in McLean, VA)
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Education Products
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead Cricket’s editorial planning and strategy for eLearning products; creating a vision and approach alongside the Senior Vice President of Education Products
- Drive curriculum and content ideas to production through development and management of editorial timelines.
- Curate Cricket Media content to support innovative eLearning product development across our programs in language learning, STEM and ELA.
- Monitor, edit, and extend existing content to meet accessibility needs, maintaining coherence and context while removing and/or abridging material as needed.
- Create templates and prototypes for curricular materials, including revisions based on feedback.
- Write student-facing, parent-facing, and teacher-facing content for eLearning environments for a specific grade level or grade band based on product needs.
- Create and execute plan for acquisition, export, organization, editing, and delivery in forms needed for specific products. This will include the development and delivery of curriculum and instructional resources for our digital products (e.g., teacher guides, interactive learning resources, and student support materials).
- Manage high-quality content production process through leadership and coordination of teams (e.g., product, design, editorial, etc.).
- Work with print publishing staff to facilitate multiple uses for content.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- BA required; advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to lead and manage simultaneous projects.
- Commitment to creating representative, equitable curriculum and content that supports traditionally marginalized students.
- STEM expertise.
- Language-Learning expertise.
- Experience with educational publishing.
- Knowledge of K–12 learning standards and pedagogical principles.
- Strong copyediting, proofreading, and organizational skills are needed to ensure quality and timeliness of digital content and curriculum.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- 5+ years of proven success in leading content development across physical and digital products, including writing curriculum, teacher guides and writing to/editing to Lexile levels.
- Must be deadline-driven and detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task in a fast-moving, high-growth company.
- Must be creative, innovative thinker who thrives in a highly collaborative, highly creative environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in using a variety of technologies (including tools, devices, and software) for work and communication.
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume. No phone calls, please.
Must apply online at: