We are Cricket Media®, a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, adults, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo, NeuABC, and Fluent City language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children and adults safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our company, visit us at www.cricketmedia.com
About the Position:
The Sales Representative will be responsible for driving sales opportunities as well as expanding existing sales to assessment, ed-tech, language learning companies as well as to publishers. The ideal candidate should possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for education. We seek direct, honest, logical thinkers with abundant energy and desire for excellence and success.
- Aggressively grow the company’s content licensing.
- Build, document, and manage a quantifiable sales pipeline; provide timely and accurate monthly forecasting; meet and exceed sales quotas.
- Make prospecting an integral part of the work routine, ensuring new prospects are being added to the sales funnel on an ongoing basis.
- Work effectively with internal partners (e.g., legal, rights management, marketing, content production) as needed; collaborate with product team to optimize new content for licensing pipeline.
- Articulate unique value proposition to segments of the publishing and education related verticals.
- Stay informed about current industry trends and articulate the company’s unique position in the industry.
- Execute on these strategies through active contact with new potential partners.
- Effectively use the Salesforce tool to enter all sales activity and opportunities.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars, and trade shows.
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and partnership proposals; assist in contract negotiations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in solution selling into publishing, curriculum, language learning, or assessment companies and with an established record of success.
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions.
- Experience with educational publishing, educational technology, or media assets preferred.
- Aggressive, energetic attitude that responds well to new challenges and opportunities; good balance of strategic and tactical analytical skills.
- Strong leadership, motivational, and presentation skills; excellent communication skills (written and spoken).
- Ability to negotiate licensing deals and contracts.
- Travel: approximately 25%
- Work authorization in the United States (required I-9 verification)
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000 annualized, plus commissions
Working at Cricket Media:
Cricket Media has a diverse workforce comprised of leaders and innovators in their fields, dedicated to making a difference at the intersection of content, technology, and education. Our staff is universally driven by the desire to “do well and do good.” Proactive individuals who take to this desire/idea and understand how to make it real at scale in a fast-paced environment (bonus points for maintaining a sense of humor while doing so…) will do well doing good at Cricket Media.
Cricket Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re an interdisciplinary bunch committed to building a team with a wide array of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that few life paths are straight lines and are appreciative of the skills we’ve each gleaned from the most unlikely of experiences. We’re passionate about cultivating a positive, inclusive, and fun workplace that brings together unique individuals and perspectives that reflect the global, multicultural communities we serve and value creativity, transparency, accountability, and integrity. We offer a full range of employee benefits for our regular full-time employees.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit resume and salary requirements to: