Bring Cricket Magazines to the Classroom
Why? There’s no better way to develop students’ critical thinking and literacy skills while building their knowledge of the world around them. Plus, selections are written at a variety of lengths and Lexiles, allowing multiple access points for students of all ability levels.
Our literary magazines provide…
- authentic, award-winning literary content by respected authors
- repeated exposure to multiple genres
- engaging texts for providing close reading practice, developing vocabulary, and teaching literary concepts
- rich illustrations that enhance visual literacy
Our science and social studies magazines offer…
- a unique blend of literary and informational texts written by experts in the field
- opportunities for teaching text features and text structures
- multiple points of view, ideal for instruction on how to gather and synthesize information
- maps, graphs, diagrams, and charts for critical analysis
Our Teacher Guides provide ready-to-go plans linking the articles to the essentials of close reading, vocabulary, deep questions and cross-curricular connections.
Give every student their own knowledgeable eMentor. CricketTogether provides rich educational resources and activities, with eMentors who are your partners in sparking your students love of learning and literacy growth.
The easy-to-manage platform enables students and eMentors to read the same articles and exchange online letters about the subjects they are studying. Teachers guide the learning with their choice of a series of standards-aligned units.