(Remote – Must reside in and be eligible to work in the Continental USA)
About the Position:
Cricket eLearning is an innovative online Language and eLearning platform powered by Cricket Media Services, Inc. Cricket Media recognizes the importance of accessible eLearning experiences for learners of all ages and backgrounds. Cricket Media is dedicated to maintaining connections in these eLearning spaces by staying committed to rehumanizing eLearning environments through interconnected, synchronous, and asynchronous learning opportunities that support community building and the development of social emotional skills as well as lifelong learning for people of diverse ages, backgrounds, and abilities. One key program within Cricket eLearning, NeuLingo, focuses on Mandarin learning for children ages 5 through 12 in North America. Cricket eLearning is seeking a part-time sales representative with Mandarin speaking skills and experience making connections and outbound calls to Chinese language schools and Chinese business and faith-based organizations.
Under the direction of the In2Books, Inc. (a division of Cricket Media Services, Inc.) and NeuPals Education Management Team, the sales representative will be responsible for making connections with Chinese language schools and institutions based in North America, uncovering and generating new sales opportunities, and developing collaborative opportunities for Cricket Media’s Mandarin learning program.
Status: Contract, hourly plus commission, 10-15 hours per week
Reports to: SVP Education Products
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for uncovering and generating new sales opportunities for Company’s online language learning program, with an emphasis on Mandarin for young language learners.
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative research about the contact information of Chinese schools/organizations/communities in North America, focusing first on MD/VA/DC area.
- Gather large amounts of data promptly and enter the data into the Company’s database.
- Create summaries of researched data and convert into meaningful analysis.
- Proactively reach out via phone and in-person visits to U.S. based Chinese language schools and Chinese business and faith-based organizations, build connections, create partnerships, and generate sales.
- Create an efficient sales plan and expand the customer base promptly.
- Advise the research team on data collection and sorting to improve the data quality.
- Complete at least ten live phone calls or visits each week.
- Document and manage a quantifiable contact list, and provide timely and accurate weekly updates and forecasting.
- Quickly learn and demonstrate knowledge about the program and emphasize its features to highlight how it can meet customers’ needs.
- Answer customers’ inquiries and timely follow-up with customers.
- Work effectively with other team members to develop and implement sales activities, including sales demos, webinars, presentations, etc.
- Has or is pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communications, or other related degrees
- Has at least 2 years of experience as a salesperson and has worked with Chinese language schools, Chinese organizations, and/or Chinese communities
- Able to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal spoken and written communication skills in Mandarin
- Relevant working experience in selling education products and/or creating partnerships with Chinese language schools and Chinese organizations is a huge plus.
- Expertise in MS Office and Google Docs
- Ability to maintain energetic and friendly relationships with customers and quickly adjust to the fast-paced working environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines.
- Work authorization in the United States (required I-9 verification).
NOTE: Cricket Media and its affiliates do not sponsor work authorizations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends as necessary
- Willing to travel to schools for in-person meetings
- 拥有Business, Marketing, Communications或其他相关学位的学士学位。
- 精通MS Office和谷歌文档。
How to apply: Must submit cover letter and resume online to:
About Cricket Media:
We are Cricket Media®, a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, adults, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo, NeuABC, and Fluent City language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children and adults safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about our language learning programs and our company, visit us at cricketmedia.com.