Finding the ideal opportunity is to find a place you can pursue your interests, be who you are and follow your dreams. It is a place where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference the position in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Location: Downtown Chicago, IL
The Assistant Editor will proof digital content for publication, verifying accuracy of text and narration for children’s digital reading products. Other duties include posting calls for submissions, reviewing submissions, proofing pages, and assisting with online writing forums. Our creative team is small, tight-knit, and closely collaborative. We’re looking for someone ready to give and receive constructive, creative feedback and join us in shaping the voice and vision of our unique, award-winning magazines for children. Cricket Media’s aesthetic aspirations are sky-high, and the ideal candidate will be smart and industrious with a publishing background and a commitment to children’s intellectual growth and development.
Required: BA required; minimum 2 years of experience in editing and writing; respect for kids’ intelligence, experiences, and passion; strong, creative writing background; voracious appetite for reading; knowledge of (or at least fondness for) children’s literature or readiness to familiarize oneself with that world; proficiency in a variety of technologies for work and communications, particularly Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
Status: Full-time, hourly
Reports to: Director of Editorial
The Metadata Coordinator will be based in downtown Chicago, IL OR McLean, VA. Must have ability to update and maintain metadata in Cricket Media’s Digital Asset Library as it serves the education, publishing, sales, licensing, and technology teams.
The Metadata Coordinator will help maintain our global Digital Asset Management (DAM) system; will be instrumental in consistent metadata tagging; will be responsible for understanding best practices; will also work closely with the Director, Digital Asset Management Services, for escalation issues.
Status: Full-time, salaried, 40 hours per week, benefits eligible
Reports to: Director, DAM Services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and help enforce processes and procedures to acquire proper files and appropriate metadata.
- Help execute new and ongoing metadata improvement initiatives to support immediate needs and long-term corporate digital strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred majors: Humanities including English, History or Education, or information science including Library Science, Archive Management, Communications or Information Systems).
- Familiarity with CMS or Digital Asset Management systems.
- Skilled data entry with a high degree of accuracy.
- Microsoft Office skills a must, Excel skills especially valuable.
Online English-speaking Tutors (U.S. based ESL/EFL teachers)
Status: Independent Contractor
Must apply online at:
(Email and in-person applications are not being accepted for this position.)
About the Position:
BECOME A NeuABC TUTOR, a Powerful Online Platform—with Macmillan Content! CRICKET MEDIA is seeking experienced and enthusiastic U.S.-based ESL/EFL teachers as tutors for a new online EFL tutoring service designed to help Chinese primary students learn English through a 1:1 match with fluent North American English speakers.
As remote tutors, successful candidates will teach online EFL lessons as independent contractors working from home. Tutors typically work at least 7 hours per week, usually in the early morning or evening hours, based on client volume and needs. The children, ages 5–12, will be excited to practice English with their tutors in an engaging, interactive 1:1 online setting.
Welcome to Happy NeuABC! You’ll be working on a dynamic, new platform powered by NeuPals and Cricket Media, partner companies in China and the U.S.—with tried-and-true content adapted from Happy Campers by Macmillan Education, LLC. Together, Cricket Media and NeuPals will supply administrative and scheduling support.
- Experienced teachers of ESL (English as a second language) or EFL (English as a foreign Language)
- Ability to fluently speak North American English
- Bachelor’s Degree required. TESOL Certificate or MA in TESOL is preferred
- At least 7 hours a week availability for tutoring (early mornings Mon.–Sun., evenings Fri. & Sat.)
- Experience teaching ESL/EFL to children ages 5-12, in the classroom or online
- In addition to classroom/online experience, 1:1 tutoring experience ideal
- Comfort and experience delivering online instruction using tools such as PowerPoint, Skype, etc.
- Access to high-speed internet capable of transmitting seamless video and images
In2Books, a division of Cricket Media®, is a China-centric platform and services company with a focus on literacy, language learning, and international education.